Anti-Semitism in Egypt: Media and Society
July 2003 - February 2004
Anti-Semitism in the Egyptian Media
- "… this stage used the Jewish crematoria in order to link and to call attention to this term (anti-Semitism) and to encourage the feelings of the sin complex against the Jews, especially in the Arab countries. All of the Zionist economic and media forces that control the world, were subjugated to stand behind this purpose, so that it would succeed in spreading this terroristic manner of speaking to the western decision makers, in addition to Christian churches, writers, thinkers and politicians…"
Al- Ahram, "Anti-Semitism: Zionist Creation of the Semantic Terror" by Dr. Fathi al-
Baradi'i, February 19, 2004
- "… Israel tries, brilliantly, to create a mix between what can be considered as anti-Semitic feelings or hostile feelings towards foreigners in general, and the phenomenon of criticism, objection and attack against its policy in Palestine…It is natural that Tel Aviv uses the bombing of the two synagogues in Istanbul as typical. (Tel Aviv) also raised it's voice in order to complain about the rising hostile feelings towards the Jews in Europe…There are dozens of similar minor events, which Israel is inflating with reason or without so that the sword of anti-Semitism will stay on the Europeans' necks."
Al-Ahram, "Anti-Semitism" by Salama Ahmad Salama, November 23, 2003
- "…We condemn this suspected attack (on the attacks on two synagogues in Istanbul). However, we do not see it unlikely that someone did it or that it was a Zionist plan, from greediness to attract the worldly sympathy towards the Jews… Moreover, we do not see it unlikely that that these two attacks in Istanbul were planned and done in the manner of what Israel aimed in the Lavon affair… Again - we do not see it unlikely that the aim of these two attacks was to improve the image of the Jew and the image of Israel…"
Al-Wafd, "Egyptian Concerns" by 'Abas at-Tarabili, November 20, 2003
- Why don't we interpret this event as an attempt to improve the ugly image of Israel within the European world's mind?… Do we see it unlikely that the Jewish terror organizations committed this criminal crime?…
If we want to look for those who committed this crime, we will only find those secret associations and anonymous organizations where the fingers of the international Zionism mingle in order to distort the image of the Arabs and Muslims, having this take the place of the terror image of America and Israel in the minds of the European world."
Al-Wafd, "Turkey's Jews" by Jamal Badawi, November 18, 2003
- "... As opposed to the expectations, the book 'The Jewish Danger - the Protocols of the Elders of Zion', which was added to the show-window of the Semite books near the Torah, so that the visitors from all of the world's nationalities who arrive to the museum… Al-Usbu' met with Dr. Yusuf Zeidan, the Director of the Museum of Manuscripts, and the one who decided to present the book. He said: 'When my eyes fell upon this rare copy of this dangerous book, I immediately decided to put it near the Torah of all things, although it is not a divine book. However, it became one of the Jews' sacred things, their first constitution, their Halacha (literally: their religious law) and their way of life. In other words, it is not only an ideological or theoretical book. The book of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion may be more important than the Torah amongst the Zionist Jews in the world, who manage through it their Zionist life'."
Al-Usbu', "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in the front of the Museum of Manuscripts" by Jihan Hussein, November 17, 2003
- "…Not only the USA surrendered to the Jewish robbery - it was preceded by Germany since Israel, strongly supported by the USA, imposed in the 60's payment of 70 million dollars per year for a period of twelve years as compensation to Israel for what the Nazi regime did to Jews during the famous crematoria and the Holocaust, which became deemed the holiest events to the Jews, who manage to collect a huge (amount of) money, and is used as a basis to international prevention and robbery…"
Al-Ahram, "Anti-Semitism or Victory to the Truth?" by As-Sayyid Yasin, November 6, 2003
Karikatir, November 2003
Al-Ahram, The cartoon's headline: "The American Parliament Imposes Sanctions Over Syria," October 19, 2003
- "The Jews' properties and activities definitely provide them with influential power in the American society, and this provides Israel the automatic American support!"
Al-Ahram, "The Jewish Lobby… and the Modern American Era," by Mursi 'Atallha. September 4, 2003
- "The Israeli presence in Baghdad became the Iraqi talk of the day. Prayer leaders and preachers of mosques warned the Iraqi citizens and forbade them from selling or renting their properties to Jews who are filtering in under false names and identities. Rumors spread in Baghdad about the efforts of a persistent Israeli to buy important institutions and real estate properties in sensitive areas in the capital Baghdad for a higher price than its real value, which in turn raised the real estate prices in general. The Iraqis are interpreting the intention of some Jews to buy real estate in Baghdad as an organized intention to penetrate into the Iraqi economic life in order to control it in the future. They said that this phenomenon reminds us of what happened to the Palestinians in 1948 and the similar ways that were used in order to steal their land."
Al-Ahram, "Did Israel Get What It Wanted from the Iraqi War?" by Yusri Ahmad 'Azbawi, August 22, 2003
- "It is clear that Israel is striving to build something like the Jewish settlements in north Iraq, which will be a starting point for its control over north Iraq's oil and economy. Israel will not stop at sending many delegations… The beginning may be insignificant and sometimes we will not pay attention to it, and even minimize it, but Israel, as usual, starts like that and then expands and invests what it has in order to reach their goal at the end. The Arabs have to be careful to follow seriously all of these steps in order to confront it before it gets out of control and becomes a cancer of difficult treatment."
Al-Ahram, "Arab Affairs: Israel in Iraq" by Abed al-Mu'ti Ahmad, July 7, 2003