"In the era of the new Nazis, who transform the accusation of anti racism a moral cane, but in exchange they are establishing a racism which is (based) more on hate and a new Holocaust, but with an unmatched worldly protection…"
- Ar-Riyadh, Saudi government daily, article entitled "The Zionist Robbery", by Badariyya al-Basher, July 23, 2002
"This is a war of occupation, far more severe than anything the Germans did when they occupied Europe in World War II…"
- The Jerusalem Post quoting Ghazi Algosaibi, Saudi Ambassador to Britain in an article entitled "British Foreign Ministry Chides Saudi ambassador over anti- Israel Comments" by Douglas Davis, July 11, 2002
"Don't you see the resemblance between Sharon, Hitler and Milosevic? Don't you see a parallel between Nazism and Zionism? Don't you know how Hitler ordered his officials to search Jewish houses for those he called dangers to the state and how he put them into concentration camps? Can't you see the parallel with what Sharon has done and is doing? Don't you know that Sharon ordered his army to go to Jenin, Ramallah, Nablus, Bethlehem and other places to search Palestinian houses for people he called terrorists and how he then massacred many and imprisoned others? Sharon and his cabinet are staging an all-out war with the aim of Palestinian genocide and ethnic cleansing. I need a voice to cry out and tell the world there is an impending Palestinian Holocaust. I only pray that when I find a voice it will not fall on deaf ears!"
- Arab News.com, Saudi English daily, article entitled "There is an impending Palestinian Holocaust" by Seham M.S. Fatani, April 17, 2002
"It is not a Jewish demand to merely support Sharon, but to ignore his horrible massacres, which exceeded the Nazism massacres, as well."
"Why are they (the Jews) hated by all the people which hosted them, such as Iraq and Egypt thousands years ago, and Germany, Spain, France and the UK, until the day they gained control over the capital and the media, in order to rewrite the history?"
- Ar-Riyadh, Saudi government daily, article entitled "All of History is against Them" by Turki 'Abdallah as-Sudayri, April 15, 2002
"But the notion that the Israelis are reacting with blind, brainless fury is less horrifying than the idea that Sharon has a solution in mind. For if he does, it looks all too chillingly like a 'final solution": the permanent eradication, one way or another, of the Palestinians as a threat to Israel."
"The use of such a charged expression is fully justified… There is no doubt now that behind Sharon's aggression is a deep hatred of the Palestinians and a desire to crush them mercilessly. It is telling that the main piece of weaponry in the Israeli onslaught is not the tank but the bulldozer. The aim is to wipe Palestinian communities off the face of the map."
"The irony of Israeli soldiers spreading death and destruction in Palestinian towns and villages, just like jackbooted Nazi storm troopers, is evident to anyone with an ounce of intelligence. But whether or not Sharon's violence has an objective, it is painfully evident that he feels he has a free hand. The US has gone along with his brainless action, in no small part because of a chilling indifference across much of the US to the suffering of Palestinians. American public opinion, which can move mountains when activated, is not interested."
- Arab News.com, Saudi English daily, editorial entitled "Final Solution?" April 14, 2002
"… as long as Israel commits new burnings, in the new era of 'Hitleric' Zionism."
- Ar-Riyadh, Saudi government daily, article entitled "The Most Important Battle Between Us and Israel," April 11, 2002
Cartoon from The Arab News, Saudi English language daily online version, April 10, 2002, depicts Prime Minister Ariel Sharon wielding a swastika-shaped bludgeon against Palestinian children
"… the mentality of the Zionist entity's leader, which is afflicted with the pride disease, as Hitler."
- Ar-Riyadh, Saudi government daily, article entitled "An Ox Running Wild without Bridle" by Muhammad Rida Nasrallah, April 7, 2002
"Far from shying away from behavior that has made the world draw analogies between them and the Nazis who persecuted their Jewish brethren during the World War II, the Israeli Army yesterday launched a campaign of mass executions against Palestinians….Once again, Israel's economic, political and military backer, the United States, remained silent in the face of such outrage."
- Arab New.com, Saudi English daily, article entitled "Israeli Army Begins Summary Executions" by Nazir Majally, April 1, 2002
"Just as the Nazis had done before them, Zionists today have appropriated the language of the oppressed to define their condition"
"Along with all the devastation that Zionism has inflicted on Palestinians and their historic homeland over the last eight decades, has been this movement's horrifying ability, like that of Nazism and Stalinism, to pilfer the language of the oppressed and project it as its own."
- Arab News.com, Saudi English daily, article entitled "Kristallnacht in Occupied Territories" by Fawaz Turki, March 14, 2002
All translations by ADL unless otherwise indicated.
* Source: The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)
** Source: Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) as cited by the
Independent Media Review Analysis (IMRA)