A CAMPUS OF DIFFERENCETM
"I'm an RA.There's a group of students in my dorm who have become very 'separatist' - they
never mix with students of other races and religions. Sometimes their
beliefs and practices come into conflict with those of other groups and I find they can be
insensitive, even disrespectful."
- A CAMPUS OF DIFFERENCE helps college administrators,
faculty members and students learn to examine stereotypes, expand cultural awareness,
explore the value of diversity and combat racism, anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry.
This program is:
- Designed by human relations specialists with professional experience on college and
- Comprised of on-site workshops (full-day, half-day or multi-day Train-The-Trainer
programs) on anti-bias education and diversity awareness for students, faculty,
administrators, support staff or any combination of these groups
- Designed to prepare students, often from homogeneous schools and communities, for living
together with those of the opposite gender, other races, ethnic groups, religions and
- Conducted through "Facing Difference: Living Together On Campus," a video
created in collaboration with the National Association for Campus Activites (NACA)
These sessions have taken place at more than 135 colleges and universities. Four
hundred more campuses have used ADL anti-bias educational materials.
For more information, or to find out how your college or university
can implement A CAMPUS OF DIFFERENCE, contact your ADL Regional Office , ADL
National Headquarters (212) 885-7700, or by E-mail .