1. EDUCATE yourself about the current situation and
the history of the founding of the State of Israel, the Arab-Israeli conflict and Israel's pursuit of peace. Then go out and educate your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues. Supporters of Israel need to be knowledgeable and comfortable articulating Israel's positions, providing context to current events and countering the accusations made by those unfamiliar with the facts or critical of Israel.
2. ADVOCATE to elected officials for U.S. support for Israel's
war on terrorism. Write, fax, e-mail, the President, Members of Congress, even local political officials to urge continued U.S. support and understanding for Israel's security situation.
3. PARTICIPATE in community events expressing solidarity with the State of Israel and its people. Large turn-outs for these programs are an important demonstration to the U.S. Government, media and influentials in your community of the activism of supporters of Israel. It is also an important morale booster for Israelis themselves.
4. MONITOR media coverage of Israel. Contact media outlets in a professional and factual
manner to point out factual errors, to provide context to current events, or to disagree with editorials or op-eds. Write you own op-ed for small community newspapers seeking local voices and opinions on the situation in the Middle East.
5. INVEST in Israel's strained economy. Plan visits to Israel to support the tourist industry. Buy Israeli products wine, produce, grocery products. Buy Israel Bonds and invest in Israeli companies.