Wave of Terror Sweeps Israel
In the past several days, there has been a surge in terrorist attacks throughout
Israel that have targeted both civilians and Israeli soldiers.
Tuesday, January 2, 2001
- An Israeli soldier was injured when a roadside bomb exploded at Kfar Darom in
the Gaza Strip.
- Palestinian gunmen opened fire on an Egged bus traveling between the
settlements of Otniel and Beit Haggai, but no injuries were reported.
Monday, January 1, 2001
- At least 34 people were injured in a car bomb explosion in the coastal city
of Netanya which shattered windows and blew apart vehicles on a crowded shopping
Sunday, December 31, 2000
- Palestinian gunmen opened fire at the vehicle of a settler family south of
Ofra killing two and injuring five. The victims were Binyamin Zeev Kahane, the
son of the late Kach leader Rabbi Meir Kahane, and his wife Talia and five of
their six children suffered light to moderate injuries in the attack.
Thursday, December 28, 2000
- 14 people were injured when bomb explosions tore through a No. 51 Dan bus in
Tel Avivís business district.
- Two Israelis were killed and two others wounded in a roadside bomb attack on
Israelís border with Gaza.